Canandaigua Question

Are any of you guys having any success in the afternoon - sundown on Canandaigua? I have had some success in the early AM but all of my trips in the PM haven't had the same results. I typically run a wire diver out 180' - 220' with a SD / flyand cover the rest of the water column with the riggers / sliders. I've run both SD's / flashers and flies deep or just spoons with no luck in the afternoons. Usually my spoons are ~ 30' off of the balls. I change colors based on sun or no sun as you would expect. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I have had good luck jigging Canandaigua in the late morning up until around noon. Yesterday I took a friend out from 4:00pm till around eight and we only had one short strike. Marked very few fish. Even when I'm not marking fish in the morning I can get them to chase up off the bottom but nothing moving in the afternoon and boat traffic was pretty light for that lake. I fished from north of German Bros. all the way south of Bristol Harbor. Pretty dissapointing trip :(

Tom depending on where you are fishing, I would venture deeper in the afternoon, due to the sun penetration.

Switch up colors greens, blue/silver, black/ green. Example two riggers, 85 and 95 or rigger 80-100 and dipsy 260-285,

you may even run a spoon on your dipsy, try something different you never know. This time of year the fish may be more mid lake, so you may have to run further north then you have been.