Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fished July 21 off PortCredit. Late start (8 am) due to threatening storms that never arrived. Hit 3-4 bows and a few shakers in 60-90 fow, down 30-50. No bait and only a couple hooks on the graph. Tried deep and to the east and nothing. Missed one good rip and had a few knock offs. Not like it was!

Fished July 22 off Islands. 6 am to 11 am. Few shakers and one major about 26, missed a couple other good hits and a few knock offs. Very slow and no bait at all! Water cold all over, surface about 58-60. Tried 350 for a while and nothing marked or hit.

John

John - You keeping score on the non-clipped shakers? Looks like about 35-40% from what I'm hearing.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hi Tom,

Yes I am and running close to 50/50, maybe 55/45 for wild vs clipped in the shaker stage and 40/60 for wild vs clipped in the 2.5 year old stage.

Last year the shakers wee 46% with adipose and 54% clipped in the shaker counts we did.

But where did the fish and bait go? They are hiding.

John

Our normal pattern this time of year has been to go deep, however this year with all the recent rain, I wouldn't be surprised if they've moved in a bit or are moving around more each day.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this