Cayuga 8-21-10

Did two trips Saturday:

AM Trip: 6am from Meyers. Crossed over. Wind was strong so I trolled with it up to Taughannock. Noticed a lot of boats staying south. I pushed back just south of the point across from Meyers and did the with the wind troll north again. Got one smallish laker on the first run. Got a pig laker on the second run. The pig got to within 10 feet below the boat and refused to come up. The last 10 feet took seemingly forever, moving only inches at a time. Both came from 125ft on bottom.

PM trip: In the afternoon (3pm) pushed from Meyers all the way south to the dropoff by Ithaca. Trolled north with the wind. Got a steady pick of smallish lakers. Got one medium. Motor sputtered before it was empty so I decided to hightail it back into Meyers rather than be stuck out in the wind. Done by 6pm.

AM trip was much less productive than I expected. I know the south wind messes with the water temps. The PM trip proved that at least there are fish active out there as they should be this time of year. Any one else run into less pre spawn aggressive fish lately?

(ps. I'm not complaining...the pig made it all worth while!)