Cayuga 8/29/10 Pics

I launched at Longpoint at motored past sheld. Point at set up. Took awhile but we got in to some fish. Caught 3 legal ll's and 5 legal lakers with a few dinks also. started in the afternoon and finished when the sun disappeared. White and blue was the hot producer again. It took the biggest laker of the day weighing at 11.5lbs and 30.5 inches long. What a brute. Still no Bows going to have to try something different. :(

Had a full boat today! Myself, Steve, Josh, The mail man Paul and Big Bob weighing 350lb at 6'8". :o Poor boat :(:D

JEXgS.jpg

8aag9.jpg

JF1g9.jpg

11.5lb Laker :clap:

8affr.jpg

Great job for a Sunday afternoon. :yes: We found earlier this summer that Sunday PM can be slow...I attribute it to all the pleasure boat traffic of the weekend. What depths were you working? Our August has been high and dry with other events and the Weather Gods against us, but maybe we'll get to test the water this week.

Greg

I been mostly staying at 250'+ . Weeds are much better in the middle of the lake but we do go in about 150' occasionally but I stay out to avoid pleasure boaters also. Yesterday we did fine but we had a lot of down time with no hits and we were hitting some of our best spots. Not sure why but I would have to say it was the boaters, no wind and the sun high in the sky. We still had a good day. I switch a lot of stuff out through the day to what is working. Usually when I try changing something a rod pops off and it takes me a half hour to hour to change something up. :D We also throw crackers off the boat to please the fish Gods :rofl: OH we pee a lot too. It just makes those rods pop. ;)

Lil troller I can't wait to go to my first tourney especially with these lakers we are starting to pick up. The wife did find some of my receipts. She was :@:@:@ But she still :inlove::inlove::inlove: Me

I can't speak for rshubuck, but I was out Sat. and there is a lot of warm water. @90 down over 300-400 we were between 50-52.5 degrees. when we got into water with 50f at 90 we marked deep bait and caught fish. we ran our riggers at 90 and 100 and dipseys with a mag ring at on a 3 setting at 330ft. If you find the baitfish down around 70ft work it well. Good luck this week Greg!

oops didn't see rshubucks post while writting this one

Thanks for the tips. We're trying to clear the book for a morning run this week...crossing the fingers for no emergencies. If not, an afternoon can work in this great weather.

The gang does a good job of chumming with crackers, bread, and grapes; we have the no bananna rule for the boat, but the pee thing is a new one. My boys will be up for it, but convincing my wife and 7 year old daughter might be a challenge unless we're on the water before first light. :$

Greg

Nice Job. Sounds like were fishing the same waters. I do try in shallower in the AM though and as the sun gets higher I go deeper. We have been doing very well on lakers and silver fish. Your down temp will tell you how to get the silver fish! We had two big lakers last weekend both over 12 lbs w/ the biggest at 12.9.

Our hot rod was 400 ft of copper for lakers. That is so much fun to yell fish on and see the guys face when he realizes it is that rod. Our dipseys and riggers did equally well but it seemed like when one was on the other was off and they would switch back and forth. We generally fish 6 to noon then run for lunch. Sounds like I need to make an evening run to see how things are then.

Mower

I have been running flasher fly combos on the copper. White and blue was producing this weekend. Two weeks ago it was green and white. I did run a hammer spoon yesterday the last half hour out of desparation with no luck. I probably going to try a couple of spoons again next time just to see. As painful as it is with the copper change it up to what works. The other day I ran a white spinny with big weenie homoezwhat fly and pulled 3 fish off it right away then it just shut down. I switched to something with blue in it and it picked up again.

On Copper run white/glow in the AM Spin doc and fly and then I run a silver/glow ( the silver nuclear spin doctor w/ a BW proctologist has a been solid producer late Morning). I think the copper presentation is stealthy and catches alot of those drop back fish that never grab anything in the spread.