Trolling Speed: 2.1 - 3.4

Down Speed: 2.5-2.9

Boat Depth: 60-200, 80-200

Lure Depth: 50-130, 80-130

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

8/30

Headed east to the nuke plant and worked the area where did well during the FHC. Had 3 kings to 12 lbs in the boat in the first hour then washed lures for quite some time before we started heading back to the river and swung out deeper to 140-160 fow and did another 12 lb king, a beautiful 8 lb colored up pink coho, and finished with a real screamer that took us out to over 800 ft! 20 minutes later we boated a solid 48" 25 lb king:

25lbKing2.jpg

Big fish, but just didn't pack on the weight. Had one other release with nobody home, and had to call it a day at 2pm.

8/31

Had to be back early today, so we stayed closer to home and fished off of Sodus, hoping that things were setting back up again. We started over 80 fow and had an almost continuous screen of bait and fish on the bottom. First hour didn't produce any hits and after a couple change overs on the lures I found what they wanted: green with green dots spin doc/ultra green glow fly. First rip on the wire out 430'...gone as soon as I grabbed the rod. 0 for 1. 20 minutes later same rod fires...gone before I can get to it! :devil: Checked the hooks, still sharp, sent it back down. A little while later it fires again...gone again before I can get to it. WTF!! Then we washed lures for a while and ended out over 180-200 fow and marked a lot of real good hooks around 100-110 ft down. No takers and we had to pull lines at 10. I left that one rod 'til last and wouldn't you know, as I am pulling in the other dipsy rod, it fires and once again, gone before I get to it. :@ I don't know if they were hitting the spin doc or what, but they weren't getting hooked. I only had one of those spin docs too and they didn't want anything else I offered in the same colors. Oh well, 1st 0'fer for me this year... :$

We'll be out Thu-Mon if it doesn't get too rough... Good luck to everyone during the last leg of the tourney!! :clap:

C'mon 40 lb'er!!! 8)