It was bound to happen sooner or later.....the big boys showed up in Fair Haven BIG TIME this weekend. We got out for a couple of hours right smack in the middle of the day today and worked 140-210 FOW. Best screen out there I've seen since last fall! Bait and marks all around it.....and they were hungry. We got bit at 100', 110', 115', 125', and 145'. Best spoons for us were the Northern King Die Hard and the Dreamweaver 42nd spoon. Best flys were the Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist and Green Dolphin behind a Green Spin Dr.

We kept this one after he swallowed the lure so deep that we had to straighten the hook out to get it out of him. Keith is married to my wife's best friend and has heard me talk about this type of fishing for almost 20 years. He's a golfer and never made time to get out with me before. But after his first 20 minute battle with a King, I think he's well on his way to being an ex-golfer!

Wish I could get out there again tomorrow. If you have some time, I'd get out there and go after them!!!

June242007003.jpg