Canandaigua bass

• 2 weeks later...

Saw you posted a message on the 7th. and didn't get a reply yet, it's now the18 th. I fish for lakers and never been fishing on Canadaigua so I can't help you. When I saw you were without a reply, it reminded me of my first time in northern Maine. My friend and I were talking to some of the locals about were to fish. When I asked what types of fish they had in their lakes and if they had bass -----they replied "hell no we don't got that problem"

Any fishing is good fishing hope you also had some luck!!!!

Maybe the reason I didn't get any help is because there are no bass in Canandaigua Lake....Fished with my brother all day Sunday July 8th from 5:30 AM to 2 PM and never caught a bass...I tossed and jerked more baits than I have in my whole life combined and still couldn't muster a bass...I even turned to jiggin plastics...We fished the south end and Vine Valley...We tried shallow and deep...top water and divers...this color and that color...the end result for me was one gutsy sunfish hitting a Yo-zuri crystal minnow which was almost as big as the sunfish itself!

As we ended this empty bass fishing session we reminded each other that "A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!"

How true that statement is!

Next time... I'm going trolling on the Big Pond they call "Lake Ontario." and it won't be for any little bass...that's for sure....It'll be for the real deal--> Kings and Trout

Hook'em

The Gumpy

PS: That is not a spelling error, although I do sound a bit "Grumpy" after getting shut out on Canandaigua.....

i used to scuba dive Keuka lake years ago and would find schools (5 to 15)nice bass suspended 30 to 70 down over 50 to 120ft water. soo i put out my ultralight with #4 hook and 1 #2 splitt shot 18" up and let it float down through them opps stick a night crawler on that hook too that helps once you hook one of them the whole school sometimes followes the hooked fish to the boat ,, if ya keep em I dont or better yet put in livewell the other bass will committe to your bait till there all hooked throw the first back right away and the whole school swims away it and your done with that spot usually.. I know real bass fishermen dont use live bait ,now if you do your homework online and find imatation leeches made from reconstuted leeches a little birdie showed me that was the #1 bait on his bass boat,ok 6ft6 280lb birdie Ray Barber.another fisherman gone to fish the big pond in the sky..Ray K i belive in his day he was in the top 50 in nys when he competed probly closer to #1 than 50 from what ive heard .