Kooter just needs to fish

Hey everyone, i hope you all had a good deer season and got some snowmobiling in. I'm looking for some advice on fishing off the pier at the mouth of the Oak. Lol, I'm just not quite ready to get the boat out, sorta got to wait for overtime to start up before i get the old girl out. But i need to fish and i honestly don't know anything bout fishing a crick for anything but bullheads or big cats. I would love to catch a trout or two. Are the browns in there or anything for that matter? I figure a few more weeks of looking for deer sheds with my dog and then i will get my boat pulled out and i cant wait to start posting my adventures and mishaps on LOU. :lol: Looking to fish out there the morning of this Saturday or Sunday morning. Any info on what i should use for bait or rods or line is truly appreciated I'm just looking to get out and wet a line for a couple of hours. Thanks and take care. :beer:

Check out the trib page on the main fishing forum at the bottom there are some good posts on the oak from guys that fish it quite often. It sounds like the browns are still up there. The fish we caught in the lake a couple weeks ago looked like they were right out of the creek. Good luck.

There are guys on here that are pier experts that can help you out. When I fished those piers in the late 70's/early 80's, this time of year it was 10lb test with ballbearing swivel using varying colors of 2/5 oz cleo's and white or chartreuse roostertails. The water is still cold so a slow retrieve prob best. Despite the cool weather, early AM still the best. I am seeing pier jockeys on those piers and the Olcott piers. Chances for Browns and dropback Steelies.