Okuma Blue Diamond Down rigger rods any good??

In addition to the Ugly Stik 8'6" which it seem Shakespeare is no longer offering, whats the feed back on the Blue Diamond rods. I am looking at the same size rod as the Ugly stik. Are these durable and anybody have any major complaints over the past few years using them? Let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I have tried them on my brothers boat for the last several years with no problems. He abuses everything he touches. I went out and bought more than 2 dozen for several different occasions. I tend to let him be the field tester before I buy anything. :lol: Save me $ in the end.

I ended up buying the Ugly Stiks just because of my positive past experiences with the ones that I have from spinning and bait casting use. I did however pick up two of the Blue Diamond roller rods for my Dipsey set ups, that I'm looking forward to using this up coming season. I topped them with two convector reels. I think I am done spending for the year know. (Hopefully).

I ended up buying the Ugly Stiks just because of my positive past experiences with the ones that I have from spinning and bait casting use. I did however pick up two of the Blue Diamond roller rods for my Dipsey set ups, that I'm looking forward to using this up coming season. I topped them with two convector reels. I think I am done spending for the year know. (Hopefully).