Sandy Report Thursday July 11th

Have been dying to get back out on the Big Pond, especially after reading all the good reports......Went out this morning and met JAX leaving the dock. Went out and set up in 80 foot of water. Marked bait and hooks, but no takers...Finally had a screamer on in 120 FOW down 75 on a pearl spin doctor with mirage fly...Fish was screaming when line went limp...Reeling up I saw the results....The fish had hit my free slider, a hologram dolphin NK, that was attached to the spinny...Fish cut the line above the swivel.....had a few other knock offs and finally boated a 13 lb. king in 120 FOW on the same spin doctor...The screens were awesome but the bite was dismal...Lost two other fish all in the same area...Lures that produced the strikes were the pearl spin doctor and mirage fly along with the hologram dolphin NK's...Super screens between 100 and 120 foot of water.....I'm out of town the rest of the derby, so I hope this helps the next person.....Used the dipseys without any luck....all releases came off the ball which was 75 to 90 foot down....Good Luck....I'll be back at 'em next Thursday!

Hook'm

POPS

Pops, At least you had some action, even though you only boated one fish. Just think if you caught every fish that hit, there would be no challange :) I met JAX last week at Sandy. Nice guy. It seems that Sandy Creek brings good people together. I hope to be out this weekend.... Good luck next week....

GTN