Rod of Choice for flat lining off inline planers

I had a great and productive past weekend on Lake Ontario.. I found myself improvising on my gear since my 4 lead core rigs were useless because the browns were in so shallow. I used 6' MH ugly stik casting rod which accounted for 4 fish off the inlines and a 8' med Eagle claw down rigger having to run the other board. That was had to read because of the bending that was mostly present when trolling. We landed on off of that set up and lost one as well. What do you guys reccomend for running shallow baits off of inline Planers. Some day I'll upgrade to the big planers with the reels but for now these will have to do.

I don't pull inline boards too much but I have a pair of Gander Mt Guide Series rods that I like that are labeled for planer boards. Plenty of backbone for lifting the board out of the water but a soft enough tip. Can't remember the length, I'll check tonight.

One of the best poles I have found is the heartland planer board pole HLD-W 762ML. 7' 6".md light line 8-16 lb. It had bigger eyes letting the swivels go through easier and has a nice soft action to it. I bought 5 and replaced all mine. PM me if you are interested in some.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png