Keuka this past weekend - PICS ADDED

Hi all,

I'll making my annual laker fishing trip to Keuka this weekend. I'll be fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Anybody know where the fish are being caught and what they are hitting? Planning to troll some stick baits on 5 and 10 color cores using planer boards; worked very well for us last year. We'll be in a 17' Xpress if anybody else will be out there. Thanks for any advice in advance!

Well, we had a great trip to Keuka, to say the least. We fished hard Friday and Saturday. We landed 5 lakers and a nice smallie on Friday. Saturday we got into the fish pretty thick and we landed 10 trout, 1 landlock, and 2 smallies. All fish caught relativiely shallow; nothing deeper than 60'. Can't wait until next year! Here are some photos:

Eric_Monster_Laker.jpg

Eric_Smit_Salmon.jpg

Eric_Huge_Smallie.jpg

Kel_Smit_2.jpg

Laker_Takers_2.jpg

Jared_Laker.jpg

Jared_Eric_Smit_Dock_2.jpg

Thanks everyone!

kenF,

Good luck to you. We caught most of the fish near the bluff in the cleaner water. The water was pretty merky as you traveled north on the lake. We were trolling lead core on planer boards. 4 lines; 2 10-color cores and 2 5-color cores. Lure selection consisted of deep diving rapalas; shad raps and minnow raps in natural colors. I have to contribute our success with the lead core to a conversation I had with turp last year. Thanks again for that information turp!

Indian,

We have caught a LL the last 3 years we have been going on this trip and we only fish the lake that one weekend a year. I dont really think the LL's are that rare as I read about people catching them all the time. Also, as ERABBIT stated, they are stocked every year.

Tight lines everyone!

Smit

Not really worth it but....In the last three years we've caught less than 5 LL. We troll the lake almost every weekend. Yes they get stocked, but anyone on the lake will tell you that they are more or less, feeding the over populated and stunted lake trout population.

But hey they wouldn't have a limit if they didn't want them kept....my two cents worth.

**EDIT**

I fished Cold brook this spring...... I landed not one single rainbow, only had two on. Last fall I saw nothing in the stream, the entire fall...NOTHING, NADA.

Keuka is awesome for numbers of lakers. Anything else is a crap shoot. Anyone who trolls it regularly will tell you the same. Hopefully with new regs being pushed, the DEC will get the lake back under control in a few years.