Surface Temp: 44 at the warmest

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 7

Total Boated: 5

Species Breakdown: browns, 1 laker

Hot Lure: gold and black thunderstick, jointed blue and silver rapala, glow NK cowbell

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

FINALLY got out for my shakedown cruise. The weather (gale force winds specifically) had blocked my first 4 attempts. I got out WAAAAAAAY too late because I overslept, which I havent done in a long time... so, we finally set up at almost 7 in front of the old lighthouse. Did 5 quick brownies from the trailer park to just west of boller. Somehow we caught these fish between my boat overheating due to a sticky thermostat and a friggin gear cut out that was acting up (we fixed both out there on the water). Stalling in 7 FOW= not fun. Weird day.

The browns were all cookie size, but certainly fun on light tackle. There was decent color in close, but alot of boats and tough to stay in there. Then at 8 it just shut right off. They are still in very tight and the water is COLD. So, after an hour of nothing, I went out to harrass some slime balled forkies... We did manage one nice 12.7 Laker that was on the LOC board for about a minute. A cowbell in 126 FOW straight out front did that one..

Not as productive as it should have been but at least the boat is figured out and we got some fish.... Much more to come I hope!!

Go west young man, go west....this weekend produced over 65 fish browns, kings, cohos,a pike and a smallmouth. West of Rochester is REALLY good right now Abe.

Tight Lines,

Steve

Yes, but the Sodus Guys are slaying them now too. I cut my bite in half at least by getting out way too late and friggin boat issues. Plus, I didnt even fish today because I was chasin turkeys! I'll get the numbers here in Sodus, I have no doubt about that. Then I will steal all of your kings in August!! And my boat isn't exactly trailer friendly...

You love Sandy creek don't you? Give me a call and I'll hop on with you again. Perhaps you can convert me yet!