Cayuga Lake Trout Help

my dad and i went out fishing today on cayuga lake for about 3 hours and boated 11 lakers. but we didnt have one that was over 17 inches long. i tried switching lures, different types of lures, going with bigger lures, different colors, going deeper etc. for the bigger fish. i tried all that i could think of and still caught fish but all small ones. so what is my problem? can you help me?

Your doing very well believe it or not. I have been fishing north of longpoint and have been pulling some slobs out but also catching smaller lakers as well. My suggestion would be run deeper. 100+ ft down. Go as far down as you dare. They just get bigger from there ;) We have been fishing over 130 FOW and out. Flasher fly combo's have been hot for us but lately it seems that what ever we put infront of them they hit. I also was catching 4 to 8lb lakers on the riggers 60' to a 100' down. Most of them we just dragged cause of there light bite so check your lines often. Goodluck and post some reports :yes::yes:

• 2 weeks later...