Advise needed on fishing the LSRC from Oswego

I'm hoping someone can give me some advise on a delema I have. I am going to fish in the Little Salmon river challenge on the 28th, but I also have a slip reserved at Wright's marina in Oswego for that week for Harborfest. The 28th is also the big day in Oswego with the fireworks. I have never been to Harborfest, but I understand the town will be jammed with people & traffic.

I'll be staying on the boat, so what I'd like to do is get up early and fish the derby out of Oswego. I'm just unsure on the traffic logistics on getting to Mikes Marina from Oswego during Harborfest, and worst yet getting back?? How far of a run is it by water?? Depending on water conditions, would it be better to do the travel to and from the Little Salmon from Oswego by water, or should I plan on doing it by car? I just don't know what would be best, or how long either will take?

Thanks for any ideas!

Rod

ITS NOT A BAD RIDE BY WATER, WAVES PENDING.... 13-14MILES I BELIEVE

OSWEGO WILL BE CRAZY - BUT THE WORST OF IT WILL BE TOWARDS DARK WHEN THE FIREWORKS ARE.

YOU CAN PULL INTO MIKE'S MARINA (GAS DOCK) DROP THE COOLER AND A TEAM MEMBER - BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DOCK AT THE GAS DOCK -

SO NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU CAN DO FROM THAT POINT?

Thanks Chris. We've decided to do the run by water. I spoke with Rich D on the phone this morning and he's going to see if he can find a place to put me for an hour or two, but if not we'll still be okay. We'll have a car parked @ Mikes or the public launch and If need be I'll drop off my team and head back to Oswego with the boat, letting my teammates take care of everything from that point on.

Hopefully, we can find a place to park the boat so I can join the post fishing fun for an hour or so. Either way works. We look forward to a great day of fishing!

Rod