Big Jon Service

I have Big Jon Brute's. One broke and had to have a new switch and the motor was shot. I sent it in a week before the derby started and got it back with everything working fine and in time to fish the derby on the 18th. Good people to talk to and they will do anything they can to help you. I'm very satisfied with their service.

Agreed. Had the up on a brute switch go on a Tuesday before the Orleans Pro Am. Called them while on the water. Told them i had a charter on Thursday and the Pro Am on the weekend and the switch was at my door Thursday afternoon. :yes:

Brute up/down quick fix. If your up/down switch is acting up, loosen the screw above the microswitch that is triggered by the bead on the rigger cable. Most people will go around & tighten up things after some use, & overtightening the pulley screw warps the micro switch from the excessive force of trhe tightened screw. Sooo, if you have this going on, try loosening the screw first before sending the unit back. Got this trick from Frank @ Calumet Marine (super place & super people, just like BigJon)!!!

Brute up/down quick fix. If your up/down switch is acting up, loosen the screw above the microswitch that is triggered by the bead on the rigger cable. Most people will go around & tighten up things after some use, & overtightening the pulley screw warps the micro switch from the excessive force of trhe tightened screw. Sooo, if you have this going on, try loosening the screw first before sending the unit back. Got this trick from Frank @ Calumet Marine (super place & super people, just like BigJon)!!!

In our case the switch was shot, tested it when we pulled it. We actually swapped the wires to make the switch work up and not down till the new one arrived. I was starting to get a little heated having to crank up 15.5 pounds on a 600 dollar rigger so we made it work the other way.