Seneca 6-25 6-26

Hey guys, Went on Seneca saturday and sunday. Wasnt long after we set the first line, we hit fish. Trolled north With constant action all morning. Did some nice/average fish. Almost Grand Slammed Satruday but lacked a brown! Ended the day with 20 fish. Mikey Burt made sure he redeemed himself too. Fish hit the wire and he lost it within 5 seconds, he sent the wire back down and didnt even get to take his hand off the rod and it fired again:) Good job mike. 250 copper, wires at 218-260, riggers 59-76.

Today, we went out again, Joe, Jim and his boy Andy and found fish in the same location! Except today they wanted a east west troll. We hit fish on Copper. Leadcore, riggers and wires. 250 coppper produced. We were running west when the rod went, ripping line, get it 30 foot from copper/mono and the rod pops up, fish came off.. Got the spoon to the boat and the spoon looked like an accordion, I am assuming it was a rainbow, and hope it was, because it was a beast! We hit wires Constantly with the Seneca Special/Lap dance fly. the 10 color wasnt producing so i swapped it out and put the 5 out, 10 minutes later, wham! 6 lb salmon! That was a fun one to watch come in. We did alot of healthy native lakers the past two days, and i love seeing that. Kept 3 today, one laker and two landlocks, we went 10:15.. ran riggers at 59 and 72 and 91. all produced. Wires today were at 236 and 263. Didnt land any fish on cheaters but had a couple on as well. Before we quit, We took two MASSIVE hits on the wires. I have never seen my rods bend and hit the water when the fish hit. Weirdest thing, no hooks stuck on these 2...?????

Red cross weekend soon, cant wait 8)

Nick

6_26.jpg

IDK why i SAID 2 hahahaha ROFL!!

Ray, No they werent tight at all...thats just it...couldnt figure out why, im gonna guess the wire line got caught in the roller on the rod, seems to happen once in a while on the Okuma Wire Line Specials(blue diamond series).... Those Tekotas are butter smooth, and i check the drag every time..hmmm

Way to go Nick! I've seen guys use rubber bands around the wire to the handle so they can leave the drag super loose. I've been thinking of doing that because I lose about 20 % of wire (Laker) hits.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

A lot guys on Lake Ontario use scotty releases on this big o ring for landing nets. It slides down your pole above the reel and you leave the drag loose and clip the release on your line. Works really good for rough water.

A lot guys on Lake Ontario use scotty releases on this big o ring for landing nets. It slides down your pole above the reel and you leave the drag loose and clip the release on your line. Works really good for rough water.

Yep. Those Scotty net minders are sweet for that. They cost between $6 and $11 depending where you buy them. I need to get 1 for each diver rod and one for my net!

http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equi ... minder.htm

Yep. Those Scotty net minders are sweet for that. They cost between $6 and $11 depending where you buy them. I need to get 1 for each diver rod and one for my net!

http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equi ... minder.htm

Did you see the fly rods they are trolling with in the picture on that website? THAT would make things interesting! :o