New to salmon- Need help with set up

Hi- I am new to salmon and lake Ontario. Just wondering what gear and set up I need. I have a 18' princecraft with 2 Scotty electric downriggers. Just wondering what type of line, the pound test, etc I need to purchase before heading out. Also, do you always run with flashers/spin doctors. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I'm not a pro but I'm sure any input can help. I run clear 30 lbs test line. When I go out, most of the time we run spoons, and once in a while a fly with a spin doctor attached. My best advice for you is to just experiment and see what works best for you. Take tips from these forums and you'll have a blast.

Where's your homeport if you don't mind me asking

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

30 lb test here also typical spread to start out is mag spoon on 1 rigger with free slider.... meat rig on other rigger..... flasher/fly on each wire dipsy and if have 3rd person on board will run 2 lines of the boards for steelies and coho either with snap weights or mini discs

What you really need to be succesfull is time. Experience is everything. I use 20lb mono with flouro leaders. Both spoons and spin doctors work well. Sometimes one will be better the other, and sometimes they bothe can be hot.Lead core can work really well also.

Matt

-jakey baby-