Hot Lure: stinger

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 60-70

Lure Depth: 55-65

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took family trip to Henderson for the Weekend. First time on the big lake in about 20 years. Wanted to catch a walleye and a king. Ended up not catching either but did have great success with the browns. Ended up finding bait and fish on the high banks towards Stoney point. Friday afternoon we fished from 2-7 and ended up with 7 browns in the 5-7lb range and a 9lb laker. Took us about 2 hours to figure it out but it was game on from then. Sat morning was greeted by a west wind and waves at 2-4. Fishing was hot all morning till we headed in at 10:30 with the catch of the weekend, a 16.4 lb brown. Did I mention that it was just me and my stepdad, an 18' lund, heading into the wind w/2-4's, 3 good runs, and 3 missed netting attemps before it hit the floor of the boat! Sat afternoon we picked up back up where we left off with non stop action from 1-5 before heading in for dinner with the family. Sunday morning action was hot again till we quit at 10 to end our trip. the waves on sunday were 3-5 but the fish were bigger, We caught 3 over 10 with one 12 and several in the 8-9lb range. We fished the same area all weekend, 60-70 fow, riggers at 55 and 65 and dipseys at 165-200. Any nk or stinger w/gold back. can't wait to get back, the fish on the fingers don't fight like that!

2011_06_25_12_07_19_48.jpg

2011_06_25_12_09_21_432.jpg

troller,nice job! that is a hawg of a brown trout!! i summer weekends out of Henderson Harbor,father in -law has a cottage up there.

been good up ther so far,knock on wood!lol!

they are hitting good off the old coastie station off galloo island going towards gas bouy.

thanks for the report and eye candy,

mike m :yes:;)