Red Cross on Cayugu 7/9-7/10/11

Saturday- I had Paul, Bob and Steve with me. We were all set up before first light just south of AES. We trolled N and stayed between AES and Sheld. all day. Strong NW wind. I don't think we even caught a fish until maybe 8am. :( It was slow for us all day. I think we managed to boat 10 or 11 fish. Biggest fish was almost 6lbs. Weeds were god awful. :@ We packed up at 1:30. I ended up loosing a Mag dipsy, wh hammer SD and Fly after a tangle between my inside and outside dipsy. I think a pod of weeds and the wind were to blame. ;(

Temps between AES and Sheld 32-36 down varied depending where you were at but was 56 degrees

Sunday- Got a good nights worth of sleep. I had Bob and Steve with me. Paul's back was giving him some grief so he made a good decision and stayed home to rest. Hope he is doing better. we did pretty much the same thing as the day before cause we marked a lot of fish but had no takers. So I was hoping they would be more active after the front had past through. Right off the bat I hit a small Bow on the a small stinger spoon. :) Things were on the slow side but steady for the most part. When we hit fish we were usually doubling up. We boated 20 to 25 fish I would say. No real big ones but we had a good time. My 475ft of copper took 4 of our biggest lakers for the day on a MTdew SD and Salty Balls. Wire at 290 with the crazy B*tch was probably the most productive rod both days. The last hr we fished Sheld to Longpoint and picked up I think 4 fish. I kind of through a hail mary pass by changing up my SD/Fly colors out. In the order I changed them fish hit. :o I thought that was pretty cool. The last SD was one that Jason gave to me. Seneca Special ;) paired with Big Weenie's Cornbread. I put that on a rigger and sent it down a 100ft and it took a 4lb laker.

Temps between AES and Sheld were much warmer. 40 to 46 downd ran about 56 degrees

Congrads to Playin Hookie with that beast of a Laker the weighed over 16lbs :o:clap::clap:

Pictures to come. Somer reason it won't let me add any.

I fished with a Friend out his boat this weekend he has a 21 ft Arima named Skippin School III ... I have a 22 foot sylvan offshore named Iron Duke... Im sure we passed ya a few times... So much weeds and fleas this weekend.. Saturday night we even added some flea flicker to the reels that didnt have it and it helped a bunch.....

Great report :yes: We had the same issues all weekend. Short landlocks, small lakers, fleas and weeds. We caught a ton of fish but they were all on the small side. My 9 year old son ended up on the board with a 3rd place laker in the youth division, which made him extremely happy :clap: My poor 8 year old did battle with a couple of nice lakers but lost them on the way to the boat :@ I let them do all the work on the rods today and they both did good bringing fish to the boat with no tangled lines or lost gear. The crew that worked the weigh station at Myers was great! My boys were both given fishing tackle prizes when they weighed their fish in which also made them happy :rofl: All in all a great weekend on the water :yes:

It was a great weekend to be out. Its a great tourney and hopefully next year they get everthing set before they send the rules and pay outs to everyone. We threw back a 9.5 laker, but it will be a nice one next year. We were on the board anyway so no big deal here. My mom got out with us both days and she got to land one over 8# and a few others. We had a good weekend and put some good fish in the boat. Sat. we did 21 with two fish over 8# and our 9th place 9.96, and sunday did the 9.5 who had a lucky day and didn't keep track of numbers but probably 12 or so. We tried a silver fish set up later sunday and just hit short salmon and a rainbow. I guess the next event is the LOU-ALL so i'll see you there.

P.S. did your dad throw those bananas in your boat like i told him to :lol::rofl:

redcross1.jpg

redcross2.jpg

redcross3.jpg

LMAO Ben! I think dad still wants to get even with me for leaving 3 perch in is live well for a few days. OOPS :rofl:

Nick, sounds like a great time. Glad to see you got the kids out.

I did not mention it but Sunday the weeds were not as bad as the day before which made things a lot better ;) We still would run into a pod here and there that would make a mess. The fleas are a nuisance for sure. I run 30lb mono on my riggers with either a albright not or small swivel to attach a 6 to 8 ft section of flurocarbon. Most weeds and fleas get caught here rather then at the tag end. I have gotten pretty quick at clearing fleas. I pull it down the line a few inches. This helps cut it a little. Then pinch it off real hard. The mono can handle the stress at least on the fingers.