Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.6-2.8

Boat Depth: 200-250

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After spending a week in Fair Haven, it was good to get back to my home port. With only 2 of us, we ran a typical 2 rigger, 2 wire dipsy setup. We started setting lines at 5:00pm in 160 heading north.With the cold water moving up( 44 degrees down 65ft) we set the riggers at 65ft and 80ft,(fixed cheaters on eeach) the divers at 260 and 280ft. As soon as we planted the rigger at 65 ft, fish on!. While bringing it in, I look over at the port rigger. My friend was setting his fixed cheater. I noticed a fish attached to the main lure on the surface. A laker hit the spoon 10 ft down!. I guess you can call that our 1st double of the night. 2 lakers,(yipee) We set back up again. Finally getting all 4 rods in the water, both dipsies fire within 30 seconds of each other. Landing a nice 10 lb steelie and 17 lb king. Set back up again and The port rigger fires, then the starboard dipsy. Another double( so we thought), while both of us at the back of the boat fighting fish, the starboard rigger fires. Triple!!. We landed all 3 fish: 2 steelies ( approx 6 lbs) and a 19lb king. Shortly after we lost a nice aerobatic steelhead at the back of the boat. Between 5:00 and 6:00 we were 7 for 8. What a first hour of fishing.

Of course after that we stunk, going 1 for 4. But it is tough to complain with the frenzy we had early on. Hot lures were blue dolphin spinny/fly, white spinny/yellow hammer fly. Blue dolphin Nk and green dolphin NK. Best depth between 200-250.