When running spoons should the spoon move side to side in a wobbling motion? And any advice on the types of flys being use for kings? Picks would be nice and soooooooo helpful. Also I have been reading allot of post on dipsydivers and most Say to run 30lb test. Why so heavy? And what size dipsydivers is best to run? Lots of questions but I am hooked on this type of fishing and want to learn as much as I can. Thanks all.

John

Yes the spoon should wobble back and forth. I like black and green. Blues. And Greens spoons. As far as spin doctors and flys...green natural born killers. Chrome bull frog. White and green patterns work. I like mosly green and blue flies. I use 40 or 50 lb braid on my rods with a 30 foot mono leader in 30 or 40 lb big game. I use a size 0 I think...just under mag size. You use heavy line because your catching big fish that hit very hard especially dipsys. Dipsys also have a lot of constant pressure on the rod and reel and line and a big hit could snap your line if it is too light. Search the forums there is a lot of info and in the tackle description there are pics of lures posted

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

A Tom Mik are probably the most popular flies but alot of guys run Sigg's and Big Weenie. I'm sure you have seen the colors mentioned you may also want to do a search for "best flies" or "spin doc" or Spin Doctors" it'll keep you busy for a month. Then go to these guys website and take a look at the colors. When you go the tackle shop the name of the fly is printed on the package.

Get the Billy V Green Ghost (sigg's fly) and run it on a green dot spin doctor, this combo pounds fish.

Here is something i saved a couple years ago that Tom Allen posted when I was doing some shopping.

Green attractor / green fly (#23 or #29)

Green glow attractor / green glow fly (#41, #146, #164)

Mtn Dew attractor or chrome / mirage or B-Fly Type (#73, #97, #106, #204)

Few super hot specific:

8" White green dot spinnie / #T102 Hammer

(All the time)

8" #70350 spinnie / #T41 Green Glow (Favors over cast but can be ran at all times)

8" Mtn Dew #70005 spinnie / #T106X Big Fin B Fly

(Sun)

8" White or white glow attractor / #43 White Glow Fly

(Overcast) ran first thing in am only first hour

Chrome attractor / #T97 or L204

(Sun)