GlobalMap Series and Uploading Maps & Charts

Chowder email me the following question and has agreed to allow me to post it here in case others can benefit:

Chris, several people suggested I contact you to help me get my Lowrance Global Map 5200 to load the fishing chip that came with my Gold Charts for the Great Lakes region (I have not tried loading my Gold Chart chip ).When I'm in the Navionics map choice menu inside the main Global Map menu I am unable to find a name choice that seems to correlate with the 'Fishing Chip'. I think I tried every choice that was available but I did not see any change on my map? I did purchase my Gold Charts & Fishing chip new a couple years ago from Cabelas but didn't fish Ontario much till this year so I have never loaded any of the 'plug n play' maps before. What do I need to do. I did get the Lowrance version of these chips and they are listed as compatible with the Lowrance 5200 Global Map. Thanks

Chowder:

Pre-HDS Lowrance units require that a map choice selection is made in the menus.

Follow the trouble shooting steps found on the web site http://www.navionics.com/tshoot_low_eag.html

Now...files to choose. This will all depend on the Fish'N Chip and Gold chart vintage, but most likely he will have the following files in some combination:

Fish'N Chip

FISH00SE LAKE HURON

FISH01CE LAKE ONTARIO

FISH01SW LAKE ERIE

FISH-00N LAKE SUPERIOR

FISH-00S LAKE MICHIGAN

Gold

1G649XL LAKE ERIE & ST CLAIR

1G747S LAKE CHAMPLAIN

1R646XL LAKE MICHIGAN

1R647XL LAKE SUPERIOR

1R648XL LAKE ONTARIO

1R652XL LAKE HURON

2G177S OTTAWA RIVER WEST

2G213XL MONTREAL - ANTICOSTI

2G214XL GULF OF ST. LAWRENCE

2G215XL WEST NOVA SCOTIA

Thanks for the Reply Chris. After reading your instructions I was able to load the 'Fishing Chip' by using the choice "Fishing 901 Ce". I loaded it using a "HOT BOOT" which may have been part of the problem before. I did not see any choices for the Gold Charts but I didn't have the Chart chip in the unit's slot so maybe that's why. Any way I'm going to update my unit's software w/ the Lowrance update onto a clean SD chip & take it from there. Use this in a LOU post if it will help anybody else & thanks again. -Andy