Tackle setup when trolling shallow - need to change

When I troll shallow - say 15 to 20 ft, I use drop weights on my power pro braid setup.

Basically I use a stainless 1/4" ring which has the following three lines connected via quick snap swivels:

- main line connects to the swivel,

- 3 ft lenght of line (use 20lb floro) to the drop weight 3 oz, or 5 oz.

- 4 ft lead line (40lb floro) to the lure

I'm concerned my lead line to the lure is too short, and want to go to much longer lengths. Basically with the existing setup I can get around a 8 foot lead to keep it at my rod length, maybe 10 feet if I walk to the front of the boat.

If I want to go longer - I need to change my setup, but don't know how. I would need to attach the floro to the braid directly using an albright knot, but then what about my drop weight?? This would still need to go onto a ring and the furthest back I can put it from the lure is 10 ft again.

So the question is, is it worthwhile to run say 15 feet floro lead to a ring which connects everything up as per the above and then use a 10 foot lead to the lure? Will the fish be sensitive to the ring, that it doesn't make it worthwhile to have the first 15 foot lead to the ring - or is it worth doing this???

Use the tiny spro swivels that go through the guides insted of the ring . Than use a snap weight that can be removed or allowed to slide down to the fish when released.