Cayuga 7-16 Thanks Lil Troller!

My bad. I thought we were talking about connecting the backing. I use the same not as ben but use the same bearing swivels that are on spin doctors.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

do u have any idea... how many times i tried that albright???? :@:@:@

then tried a nail knot... :@:@:@:@:@

until i was almost suicidal !! ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

it wasn't pretty :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BUT....

i figured out the PERFECT KNOT to join two lines of differnt diameter from my fire fighter book..

and it didnt PULL out................. even with leather gloves....

i think I'm gonna patent it....!!!

hey Rshubuck.... were u trying to pull my leg??????? LOL!!

8)8)

The credit for the recent rainbow really should go to Splitshot.....i was wandering aimlessly around the lake with limited luck and he put me in the spot. As for my program i am making progress thanks to all the help but right now it reads more like a comedy. I definatley had tired arms after reeling in half the copper.....I think I had Wes take over...which is pretty pathetic since I'm pretty sure he's a couple years older than me. :lol: At any rate my next few dollars are gonna be spent on a temp and speed at the ball sensor so it'll probably be next year before i even think about more rods.

Taking Ben's Grandma out Friday. 600 copper is a great way to tire the crew out so you don't have to fish as long :lol: Your suppose to have tired arms at the end of the day fishing. We don't catch as many fish as alot of these guys so copper lets us feel that burn like we had a 50 fish day. We are just busting Hal. He was a good student as we explained to him we can show you basics and you have to develope your own program. We all have something to learn from each other. The first year or so on LOU I sat back and read all the post. It has been very helpful to us. We are still learning but are able to help new people to the sport out. It does feel good to see those people go out on their own after some basic lessons and catch some nice fish. Hals recent Rainbow was a true trophy. See you all at the LOU all. Wes

Didnt realize we were on page two with a completely different subject...should have quoted Wes in the first reply

The credit for the recent rainbow really should go to Splitshot.....i was wandering aimlessly around the lake with limited luck and he put me in the spot. As for my program i am making progress thanks to all the help but right now it reads more like a comedy. I definatley had tired arms after reeling in half the copper.....I think I had Wes take over...which is pretty pathetic since I'm pretty sure he's a couple years older than me. At any rate my next few dollars are gonna be spent on a temp and speed at the ball sensor so it'll probably be next year before i even think about more rods.

No sir I use abright on a lot off my lines. ;) It is a lot easier tying when you got a real stiff line like copper. It takes some practice but I like the knot. Now my downrigging rods I tie flurocarbon leaders on and either use a micro swivel or use the albright knot to attach them. It is extremely a pain is the *ss to tie and get right. Tooth pick helps. I will be at the LOU event on Cayuga this Sunday if you want me to show you how its done.

This is the great thing about fishing. There is so many different ways to rig your lines and set up your boat. Apparently there is no wrong way to do it. :lol: But it is really important to keep an open mind and develope your own program. I been fishing all my life but just got into trolling last year around this time. I been pretty lucky and have this site to thank for it but I have had the opportunity to fish with a lot of guys from this site and see their secret weopons :lol: The most important thing to remember are Bananas are bad! :@ Although, some bananas got placed in my boat before for my trip to the Oak. Which might have been my best trip of the year. They had smilely faces drawn on them. I just can't imagine how good fishing would have been if the bananas weren't in my boat ;(

Hanna, good move. Down temp and speed will help catch a lot more big slobs consistently. But handing a rod over cause your tired to an even older guy then you is just sad. :D:P

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png