Gonna try and target steelhead for the kids...

I got 4 young monkeys (10yrs old) staying at the house this upcoming week. They want to go fishing of course. Now my boy and my godson are old walleye sticks, been taking those kids out since they were 3. The other 2 not so much. We are gonna hit lake erie for an evening, but wanted to get some action on Lake Ontario.

I figure steelhead the way to go. Should I run spoons only, higher in the water column, in warmer water? Will be launching out of Olcott. PM if you like. The walleyes are goin good on erie! :clap:

Stay with spoons and long leads (50'-100') in top 40'. Water temps have been in the low 40's at 40' down lately. Went out of Wilson Mon AM and all bait and fish were in top 30'. Temp was 42 down 40'. This was true from 50 FOW to 200 FOW. Small shaker kings were hitting for me in 50-80 FOW on a mag Stinger that is orange with green sides (silver belly). This lure was a free slider on a rigger set at 40. Fished in front of Wilson, but reports are the same for Olcott waters. No need to run out to deep water, it's better in shallow.