lake ontario campground review...Association Island....Great

Association Island campground is located in Henderson Harbor on the eastern side on lake ontario. Access to the island is by this man made road.

2011-07-26_17-54-58_762.jpg

I have taken many pictures of this campground and will give a full review as time allows. I'm really loving it here, and will definitely give it a thumbs up!! It's really cheap, at least this season. Our campsite was int $30 a day.....or $180. A week. That is state park prices....but this ain't no state park facility...lol

To be continued........

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

When you arrive, there is a gated entrance. The office/ store staff have been great...very friendly. The store is well stocked with supplies.

2011-07-26_17-56-30_369.jpg

2011-07-26_17-56-54_416.jpg

Time to go try and find some perch and do some boating....to be continued....

There are paddle boats and kayaks for rent. They also rent gulf carts to motor around.

2011-07-26_17-57-37_260.jpg

There is a really nice swimming pool to keep the family happy while you go fishing.

2011-07-26_17-20-34_336.jpg

The red building by the pool is the black catte. Right now it doesn't seem to get used much. Its open, and on the weekend there was a country band in the evening. The bar is byob

2011-07-26_17-18-44_936.jpg

There is a large screen tv you can watch anytime and a pool table too. The kids go in the pool...then play pool.

2011-07-26_17-18-26_405.jpg

The family is finally ready to go fishing.......

Went perch fishing...something I never really do but we found a school in the bay in 35 fow. I guess we caught 30 before we lost the fish. We couldn't find Them again, or maybe they just stopped biting? Either way we are having perch for dinner!

2011-07-27_12-41-52_462.jpg

We got the cheap site. Its in the center of the island but you still have a good view of the water. Here is our camp...30 bucks a night....I still can't believe that! Even at 50 it would be a reasonable price. Out site is nothing fancy, but the lakeside sites are nice! We have full hookups...that's all I need.

2011-07-26_12-03-52_514.jpg

The marina itself may be the nicest I have seen on the lake. The docks are fantastic. Really top of the line. So where is everyone?

2011-07-26_16-24-40_595.jpg

There is a boat launch, but its not very deep. Anything over 18 ft or so I think I would launch in henderson. The back tires of my van were in the water loading up my little 16...

2011-07-26_16-29-27_732.jpg

I know, right jeff...lol. I am hoping the weather man is right. We go home tomorrow so I am getting up and hoping to hit the lake for some salmon and trout action

Gonna be s solo trip.

This is the clubhouse.

2011-07-26_12-15-11_910.jpg

There is a ping pong table, foosball, lounge with cable tv, and play are for small children.

2011-07-26_15-29-49_62.jpg

Here are the gulf carts you rent. The kids love them....except justin, who is mad because the wife is driving and not him...lol

2011-07-23_18-41-34_842.jpg

Today we head home, so this is my last update from what I would consider the hidden jewel of the eastern basin of lake o.

One last pic is of the lake front cottages.

2011-07-28_11-27-36_875.jpg

There are also campsites right next to the marina and you are steps away from your boat.

Awesome place...can't wait to come back!

Thanks for putting that up nick...great shot! Yes totally protected harbor. And the docks are really nice...Radisson design. These folks have put a few million into this place. That photo shows the place when its full, but last week it was almost empty.....maybe 50 campsites were taken? The marina was pretty empty too. The economy, ya think?

I am doing at least a month next year. Gonna talk it over with the wife on the drive home.