Check your rig

Last year while at Wilson.....in my slip, someone during the spring ESLO derby took my nice canister-type fuel filter and replaced it with a dented cheapo. Could have been dangerous if I had not noticed the swap and if the filter was not put on tight-gas leak. Well this past Niagara Pro/Am "Jason" from LOU was sleeping on my boat and noticed an airbuble sound coming from the hull. This bothered me because there was more than usual water pouring out of the plug hole after I pulled the boat at the end of the tournament. With the nagging question of the water in the hull, and my month-long hardtop project coming to an end, yesterday I started inspecting the hull for possible leaks. When I inspected the transom.......there it was, a screw missing from the bracket on my shallow water transducer! What is disturbing about this discovery is that the screw HAD to removed by someone with ill intent. This spring I reset all my transom screws with 3M 5200. The new screw I install was plenty tight on the threads so I could not have pulled out on its own. Considering Jason who was sleeping on my slowly sinking boat, could have drown. Considering my family will be using the boat. Considering everything bad that could have happened.......this was a CRIMINAL ACT. Luckily my bilge was able to keep up with the weeping hole water influx. Please remember to check all fittings, screws etc. etc. before heading out. Don't assume everything is OK. The boat was drydocked at Boat Doctors this spring so if anyone has info about people messing with boats in Niagara county please PM me. Thank you.

Don't forget to check your trailer too when you come back from fishing. Some one stole my hairpin on the hitch . Didn't notice till got home. Good thing was a short drive home. Now have a locking hitch pin. Lights come up missing too.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png