Cayuga Salmon 8/7

Fished Cayuga today with a crew from PA. They wanted to catch landlocks so we ran most of our setup in the top 65' of water. Started south of Taughannock along the west shore in about 300' of water. Several hookups early but the weeds were terrible :@ . Trolled north up the middle to just north of the stacks and put a few decent 7lb lakers in the boat :yes: After clearing weeds we decided to pull up and head north. Trolled the west side along Sheldrake, north towards Long Point. Several small salmon boated and one big laker lost on the 200' copper before we could get it to the net. Final tally for the morning put us at 11 short landlocks, and 3 6-7lb lakers in the box (5 hr charter, daylight til 1030). Riggers at 56-65', with DW spoons on long leads, 200', 225' copper paired with Stinger spoons, 200' wire dipsy's with DW spoons, and 225'/ 250' wire dipsy's with Spin Drs and flies all caught fish today. It was definitely more of a spoon bite, even for the lakers. More fish were marked on sonar down south than up north. Little slow going with the lakers, but all in all it was great to be out on the water :yes:

Good Job Nick !! Great report !! At least you got off the water before the heavy down pours and lightning... Wanted to fish this weekend but decided not due to the Italian Fest and heavy boat traffic and weather today.... Hopefully Wednesday ...

As soon as we started chatting I looked up and could see that you were on a south troll off my port side. Recognized it from your LOU profile.. your boat looks sharp out on the water :yes::yes: The last transmission I heard from you was that you had just pulled in a laker, great job, :yes: they were hard to come by today. Wanted you to know that I wasn't trying to be rude by not responding to that transmission, we ran into weed pods the size of my boat :@ As you were landing your fish I was in the process of loosing one of my dipsy's ;( I cleared weeds non stop the entire day, I guess thats one problem with letting the boat steer its own course :lol: