Any good spots to catch Pike, Walleye, and Perch w/o a boat?

Hi all! I'm in the area for about a week and a half and do not mind having to drive an hour or so to get to a good fishing spot. I am not looking to take anyone's spot for sure but it would be nice to have some pike and walleye while I was up here in their country.

So do you guys have any recommendations as to where a guy with no boat can catch pike, walleye or perch. I am not familiar with the area at all so please be a little specific. I do not mind having to drive either which I hope will give me a better chance of finding a spot.

Is it true you can fish for them in the river? Do they taste funny as a result? Any suggestions you guys have would be great. I read a bunch of forum links before signing up and it seemed like a good place to get good advice. Thanks!

You can take a drive down the 390 to Conesus Lake and rent a rowboat for the day from these folks for not a lot of money. Call ahead.

http://www.conesuslakecampground.com/features.php

Don't worry, you don't need a motor to "get to the good spots". The whole lake is a good spot.

-OR-

you could throw a post in the "OPEN SEATS/TRADE A TRIP" forum on this site and maybe hitch a ride with somebody, just pitch in for the gas.

Enjoy your stay in New York! :)

Thanks for the suggestion I like the idea of having a rowboat to tool around on. Ill also give that open seat/ trade a trip forum a look as that would probably be the best way to go. Likely whoever I went with would know more than I currently do and be able to recommend even more spots. Thanks again Stinky Finger and please let me know if anywhere else comes to mind. I plan on going out as many times as I can this week and part of next.

Just a heads up. Like any city anywhere in the country Rochester can be a rough place at night. I don't know where you're staying but just be careful out there. What looks like a nice area in broad daylight can be a whole different ballgame at night. Watch your back and don't go walking around in the city alone at night.

I say go down to the Genny at the Seth Green access and bring some worms. Everything from bass to walleye to some big ole nasty catfish. All from shore. Like Stinky said- leave before the sun sets.

Hey thanks for all of the suggestions, and the warnings ;) . Joining the LOU forum really turned out to be a great idea and I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply to what is probably a question that is posed every day.

I gave the Genesee a quick try (off the bridge at Turning Point Park) the other day and did not get any hits, but that could have been the lures I was using or the fact that it as the day after a storm and was still a bit windy. Any body else have any luck down there recently - if so what kind of lure were you using. I tried a jointed minnow and a perch colored shad rap.