RUFF RIDER Sodus 8/19-8/21

Well weather is miserable, we're going to call it a weekend. Had a lot of fun this weekend and set a new boat record... although I need to check my scale as that fish still looked bigger than 32lbs.... I know the wife's fish from the summer derby weighed 27-28 on our scale and 29.4 at official weigh in, so its definitely not perfect.

2011-08-19_21-27-07_156.jpg

2011-08-19_21-27-41_678.jpg

Last night when we went out, Mackenzy hooked into another fish that went straight under the boat and wouldnt budge... We thought we had another 30lber! It tangled with the other rigger, which I cut (bye bye mr. firetiger) and pulled every other line and began circling the fish in almost neutral.... We were pumped that it was only 6:30pm and we would have time to weigh in unlike the night before.. She finally got the fish to the surface and to our surprise it was a 20lber hooked in the belly... we all got a pretty good laugh out of that.

Next weekend starts our 10 day fishing trip to Sodus. I'll do my best to report as much as I can.

Also in case you thought you were having a bad weekend, our friend brought up his small boat after the transmission on his big boat went last weekend...first trip out in the bay he met Mr. Concrete Pillar under water...

2011-08-19_14-33-51_371-1.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png