Fish Hunter II out of Big Salmon, Great morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Fis Hunter II

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):8/20

Time on Water:6.5 hrs

Weather/Temp:sunny/high 70's

Wind Speed/Direction: south 5-7 mph

Waves: 2-3 ft

Surface Temp:74

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated:8

Species Breakdown:5 Kings, 2 Coho, 1 Steelhead

Hot Lure: Spindoctors/flies

Trolling Speed: 2.7

Down Speed: 2.2

Boat Depth: 100-140 fow

Lure Depth: 90 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My son brought his friend up to our camper for the weekend.

We left out of the Big Salmon about 5:30 ish.

Ran out to where me and the little woman were, last weekend.

Barely got all the lines in the water, and the port rigger fires, while we are working that fish, the starboard one goes off. Doubles first thing. Ya-hooo!! Boated 2 Kings 20-22 each.

Get things back in order, and the port fires again. Another 22 lb King.

Stay on course from last weekend, and about 20 mins the port dipsey/meat is hooked up. 26 lber.

We are excited now!!!!!!!!!

At this point I'm not looking for fish any more, so we make our turn, and pull back over those marks, and no sooner get straightened out, and bang, doubles again on the outside riggers. Coho and Steelhead come to the boat, and JUST as they are boated, the chute rigger fires and we are locked up again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another king, about 18-19 lbs.

Get all the gear back in the water and things slow up a bit for about 30 mins and the port

rigger goes off, with a 23 lbs male King with an attitude.

Kept pulling over that spot and no action, so we kept moving north.

Nada.

Moved back south, with the sun climbing higher, and changed up to to some chrome plate/fly combos and by this time it was heading towards about 1:00 pm.

We picked up our gear to go in, and found a small coho on the meat, that did not trip the dipsey.

Had an absolutely great morning, and the 2 rod-hogs, didn't even let the 'ol man land 1 fish. :rofl:

That's ok, as those 2 young men will always remember that day!!!!!!! :)

Scott

We went back out Sunday again, and we had bait/fish, same location, but with the cloud/ground lightning, we high-tailed it back in. YIKES!!

Never had a chance to get things in motion again.

Next weekend is only a few days away. :D

Well good luck when you get back out !! Smart move on the lightning...I've had the hair stand up on the back of my neck a couple times here at work with no warning SNAP! I was high tailing it to the truck :lol:

Tom

We were fishing the same area this weekend. Sat. morning we had 4 hook ups almost right away just after sun up. We lost them, one had my line twisted around the probe cable and others were popping my release and not sticking. We boated a decent laker on the dipsy diver out 250' F/F combo, but it shut right off on us by 10am. I saw about 10 other boats with fish on about the same time.

Went back out in the evening and had a dark king up to the boat when he shot under the boat catching my sons line in the prop. Went out Sun. morning and it was rough but when the first storm was coming we high tailed it to the port and got the boat on the trailer as soon as the skies let loose.

We'll give it another go this weekend hopefully if I can get back up there.

Thanks for the report and congrats for boating a few :yes: