Canandaigua 8/4-8/5/07

Saturday 8/4/07 Sunny, light South wind,

Fished out of the southend with my brother in law Michael who came to visit. We started out around 6:10 am on the west side in 135' FOW, working 2 riggers, and 2 wires with flashers and squids, spin doctors with flies, boated a

nice 7 lb. laker with the 8" green e chip with a glow squid by 6:20 am,

DSCN1517.jpg

seemed to be lots of weeds floating and we were cleaning a bit too much. So we picked up and ran further north to Vine Valley and managed slip outside of the weed line. Set up and proceeded north moving in and out picking up a 4 lb., 10 lb., 6 lb., and a 3 lb. (released who went belly up) all lakers, and released 3 fish all over 7 lbs. We managed 2 fish an hour for our outing and Michael had a good time and he even drove the boat. Best set ups were 11"

"Italian " Hot Spot (Michael came up with that name), Yellow Crush Glow Spin Doctor and Hammer Fly on the wire, 11" white Hot Spot with glow squid, White with black spots Spin Doctor and Mirage Fly on the rigger with Shark weight,

210' on dipsies on 3 settings, and riggers 65', 70', & 75'.

DSCN1518.jpg

"Italian" Hot Spot (you can't see red stripe on other side of flasher)

DSCN1491.jpg

Michael with 10 lb off the wire

DSCN1522.jpg

Good set up

DSCN1409.jpg

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1519.jpg

Sunday 8/5/07 sunny breezy south wind early, cool morning

Basically same program we went 5 for 8, more rigger bite today though, only one wire fish which was a shaker all others were 5-6lbs nice day. We kept 4 on Sunday and 5 on Saturday Michael and I had nice fish fry for lunch and he took home some nice filets

FLXTroutman,

Nice report and photos! :)

I have not gotten to Canandaigua Lake to try my wire rod setups yet, but did use them on Seneca last week with some success. 4 Lakers in a couple hours of trolling. Even lakers on wire are fun when you get a decent 1.

Definetly beats using the meat rig. And actually out produced it, only 1 small laker in about 3 hours.

I'm glad I saw your previous reports about using flasher/ flies on the Finger Lakes. I'll be there this fall.

GOOD FISHING!

LTtroller

(Bob)