Fished out of Fair Haven today with my dad and two good friends. It was my first time launching at the state park, we got a late start due to a bass tournament, and was my fault should have left the house earlier. We ran North West and set up in 120 FOW I only had the first rigger in the water 2 minutes when it took off. I almost got spooled, it was one of my small Tekotas with 30lb line they don't hold too much :lol: . After a great fight a 31lb king hits the boat floor :lol:, and I'm thinking this is going to be a great day. For us it got slow. A 18lb king and a 12lb Brown would hit the deck within the next hour then nothing. We had a screamer on the 600 copper that got off, then nothing. We packed it up and called it a day. All of the fish were down over 100FT and the temps were down 120 to 150 depending on depth. The 168 ft mark was loaded with bait and fish but they didn't want to play. We didn't make it to the weigh in for the Fair Haven tournament with only three fish we didn't have what we needed. From what I hear they turned on when we got off the water Jason was tarring them up on the East end at 3pm.

IMG_7462.jpg

nice sean, we did about the same out of oswego yesterday. tons of marks, few players. couple short strikes. fish were tight to the bottom. makes me wonder how many followers we had yesterday. best, mark

I wouldn't say tearing them up, it was more like pick here and there. Got a double around 2PM that was a total train wreck. 1 on a dipsy that the netter almost popped off and took 3 swipes to get him, the other salmon gets wrapped in the rigger cable and jason has to tail in the boat. That was alot of fun! :D

We were probably 8 for 11 with a few more releases that we are not sure of cause noone home. A number of salmon in the 20's and a few 17 lbers and 1 coho at 13 lbs.

We had a rookie and his dad on the boat so they had lots of fun. :yes:

We had 1 big one that smashed the rigger rod and took the tip to the water after it released. The dad jumps on the rod and syas he doesn't feel it. He reeled it in and the only thing left was the flasher. The fish pulled the whole fly and leader off the flasher. Wish we could have seen that one.... :@

Congrats on your big one - nice fish! :inlove: