Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Late start yesterday, started fishing around 7:30 and lasted til 11:30 am. Did one 6# king in 120 fow, marked quite a few off of Russel in there but couldn't get them to go. Moved out to 300 fow off Braddock's and doubled on steelies. Kept trolling out to about 520 fow. Had steelies and skippers the whole way. Ended up 15 for 17. Fish were coming on everything from Gators to flasher flies. The larger steelies were 75 ft. on the cable and the skippers and small steelheads were 90 ft. + down. The small steelhead were really tough to revive. Usually we were just unhooking them without netting or touching them but a few where having trouble getting back down. Not sure if it's having a treble hook in the top and bottom of their mouth or the 74 degree water on top. Either way I know there was a couple of floaters in there which sucks to see, especially with the steelhead. ;( Couldn't get any larger fish to go, but we did have two steelhead in the 8-9 lb. range. Man they can jump. We'll see what today's 9 footers do to the lake. May be fishing off the pierheads when the weather breaks.

Good Fishing!

John

It's tough with the little fish, but what I do is simply hold the fish in the water along side the boat kick up the speed a little until they kick back. Never lost a small fish doing that.

I hols the tail and one hand under the belly, then rest them against the boat. It takes about 3-5 minutes for them to catch their breath.