Hot Lure: gator spin doc & glow spoons

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.1-2.4

Boat Depth: 50 to 120 FOW

Lure Depth: 40-70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

This was just an amazing fishing trip for me after having spent a full day fishing with two great guys: Mark Cole & Mark Desantis on Hi-Voltage. I really had no idea of what to expect before I stepped on board the famous tournament boat from Rochester - Hi-Voltage - a beautiful 39 footer Sea Ray with beams so wide that you have to turn your heads to see both corners of the beam. I knew that the guys are proven fishermen who has fished in the pro-am circuit for a very long time. Talk about keeping your brain sharp and your eyes peeled wide open as I knew that this will be a terrific learning experience for me.

We started the morning with some hesitation about heading out to the lake due to the looming threats coming from a band of storm front being pushed through Western NY.

In no time, Mark Cole setted up the 9 rods spreads including the riggers, divers, and both coppers and leadcores on the otter boat. The rough wind did not hinder Mark from getting the spead out without incurring any tangles between the lines.

Three riggers were set up 40, 55 and 70 down with spoons and spin docs.

There were so many spin docs with different colors in the water. Clown(?) spin doc andthe Gator spin doc took most action. Divers 150' & 160' out.

The morning bites were very active and about 10 fish were caught including high teens Kings, 9# coho and 10.5# steelie. The highlight was a 23# King. Once the wind died down, the fish bites became non-existent. The rigger were very quiet on that morning with an exception of one big hit on the rigger.

This is just another great example of why I am very grateful about LOU. If it was not for LOU, I would not have met the great guys who share the same passions about fishing. Both, Mark Cole and Mark D. were very generous to take a novice fisherman like me out on the water and share with me their vast knowledge of fishing for the kings. Thank you Mark & Mark D. :yes:

Best of luck with fishing till the end of the season.

Anthony;

Thanks for posting this. I have been very busy ay work and it seems the only time I get to play on the computer is work related these days. Taking off so much time in the spring & summer to fish. I have to work my @ss of in the fall and winter to stay afloat.

Thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure to have you fish with us! You showed great experience on the rod handeling and not making mistakes while battling those larger Kings. My only wish is that you would have taking all the rods I tried to hand you. I thought I was fast jumping to a fired rod but you for a big guy are lighting fast. :yes:

The “clown†is a A-Tom-Mik Wonder Bread spin doctor AKA ‘The Fag Doctor'. This spin doc is always in the water as it has produced fish on every trip out.

I had a great time and hope you will join us REEL soon for another trip out, can you get out again this year? We almost always go at least every Sunday.

Ohh and the signs you showed me :yes: now you know I will get into trouble with some of those :devil:

Ray;

Fill the boat now thats funny :rofl: . I would have to dip into my 401k in order to do that. However we have put some juice in her running up and down the lake all year from Wilson Invitational, all 4 Pro-Ams to Oswego and back. Anthony was kind enough to chip in on fuel.