Not ready to quit just yet,,,HELP PLEASE

graham hall

im new to salmon fishing this year, went to ontario in may with a buddy brown fishin ,caught what i thought were nice fish 10lb brown and 11 lb coho , by the end of the week i put my 16 ft walleye killer in garage went and bought 20ft boat down riggers and much more ,went back in june did good caught more browns and a steelhead, but lost three much bigger fishwhen we got off lake realized there was tournament goin on,2 guys were carrying a big cooler when they opened it i couldnt believe my eyes,three guys had

9 of the biggest fish ive ever seen''decided i was commin back next day , got a flat on the way home ,replaced it re rigged everythingi had went to bed at midnight got up at 2am headed back up ,i had to get one of them, hooked into 3 landed 1 , been there every weekend since ,250 miles round trip from binghamton ,even came up flood weekend ,i love lou ,ive learned so much and had so much fun, but now the lake fishing appears to be over but when i came in the salmon river guys were catching fish like crazy , i wany to come up this weekend ,whats my best plan of attack, any help would be greatly appreciated,thankyou im addicted and not quiten till there are no more left :

The offshore bite should be strong for another week or two. Weather is the key factor. River fishing is ok. It would be a lot better but the snagging really puts a damper on the fishing for law abiding repsectful fishermen. Lots of good people on the tribs but they are out numbered by scum.

The offshore bite should be strong for another week or two. Weather is the key factor. River fishing is ok. It would be a lot better but the snagging really puts a damper on the fishing for law abiding repsectful fishermen. Lots of good people on the tribs but they are out numbered by scum.

+1

If you fish in front of the river fish tight to bottom. Other than that go out deeper and you will find steelhead and 2yr old salmon. Cayuga is a good bet too the landlocks will be headed for the South end and they hit the same flashers and flies. Stingers and other smaller spoons. Remember to have fun while you figure them out. :yes: