east wind issue

Coming from the bass, pike, musky and walleye world I know the east wind is the kiss of death. Im wondering how east wind affect the trout/salmon fishing out on the lake O. I see guys trying all the time but not sure if it matters as much for t/s as it does for bass. Does the old saying hold true "fish bite the least when the winds from the east" ???? (on Lake O for t/s) BP

yes and no dont ya love those answers , major east winds are usually due to large weather change (storm and barometer change) that kinda messes up the fishing but ive done pretty well in these conditions with salmon,gentle east winds are no problem for myself ,but usually if ya got a steady east wind in the am the weather goes downhill throughout the day.i ant no weather person and im sorta fresh to the big pond compared to some folks here but as long as those eating machines got temp and a good presentation they stick there lips on the hook..but i do know one thing for shure the best fishing occures when your fishing the best time to be there is when you are able,and i ant never caught a fish sitting here on my butt on the internet but have learned 75% of what i use from this platform..........so keep plugging away and throw in a couple fishing post ,if i dont get on the water soon ill be bringing up some brown trout stories from my bathroom adventures........

Dear BPS, A true east wind of 10 KNOTS or more has always destroyed catching success on the south shore of L.O. However, a three day east blow in mid August will put a huge slug of fish off the Salmon River! And the Canadian NW L.O. catch quickly evaporates!

The only place where I have had good success in an east wind was between Port Hope and Oshawa, Ontario after a reverse current set up. An east wind sets up a westerly water flow (Reverse Direction within 1 mile of the shore!) That is the shallow water is running directly into the wind @ 1.5 to 2.5 knots. We had to troll at less then 1 knot into the current and 4.5 to 5 knots with the current in order to get the proper lure action and the largest fish of the year!......Jet Boat Bill 8:20 AM Friday