cayuga 10/16

We got out! Sun up to sun down. Worked from the boy scout camp to rocky dock. Boxed 3 nice salmon and caught several just shorts along with a few small lakers. The bite died at noon and we only did about 4 more till dark. It was a dodger fly bite. Spoons were not producing at all. 7 color cores were dead. The fish were deep, 80 to 100. I ran rods up high and sliders too but no go.

Some fish came into fall creek on the hi water but it was too muddy to fish on sat.

Pulled the boat and now I'll concentrate on getting the 16 footer rigged for winter action.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Andy, I've got a 16 ft starcraft deep v tiller. Going to keep it simple. Rod holders only. Just going to rely on cores and flat lines with in line boards. No sonar no GPS. Just like the old days. And I caught a lot fish like that back in the day.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Good to hear Captain Fletcher! I love my 16 but I did open my squeaky wallet and put some canvas on her this fall. Are you gonna trailer her around to Treman/TFalls or Watkins or is there some way to get her in from your place after the deep freeze sets in? -Andy