Walleyes and Trout Mon 12/26

choo-choo

I walked down to the river about 3:45 yesterday afternoon hoping for some walleyes....no wind ...river down and clearing...no ice along shore...cool air 34*. Started casting for walleyes with a stick bait...Bam !!hooked up right away, frisky fighter, turned out to be a beautiful, wild male brown trout about 17". Casted a little more and got another good hit...another wild brown about 15" on the same stickbait.

The walleyes finally got active and started "looking up" and I caught 2 and lost one in the last 15 minutes of daylight....One was 18" and the other about 16". All the fish came on the same stickbait.

The upper Delaware is a unique river where 3 of my favorite fish , rainbow trout, brown trout, and walleye, live side by side, all year long...pretty cool place. ........ (the walleye pics are dark, because the flash was turned off...sorry, still learning).......choo-choo steve

P1000507.jpg

P1000506.jpg

P1000503.jpg

P1000509.jpg

P1000510.jpg

It sure is special place walleyemagic....by the way I need to "follow" you around out there off of Chaumont and Black River!!! WE've seen you and your awesome boat"Magiceyes" out there ...with your net moving quite a bit !!! Keep up the good work out there and i hope you have a great, "fishfull" spring and summer up there in 2012.......choo-choo steve

Panfisher...I love fishing places like that, you never know what is gonna bite you next !

I drive up through that area on my way to Lake O sometimes....beautiful ! I'm glad to hear you got good fishing to go along with that scenery!

New York State has really got a lot going for it .......................choo-choo