Depth raider

How do you stack on a coated line with out rubbing off the coating, put tape on were you clip stacked line? Also will it matter if you use a coat down rigger ball or not , as to the performance of the raider? Any helpful ideas will be appreciated as usaul. Thanks ahead of time.

I just started running coated cable and a Depth Raider this year, but I can give an opinion. Regarding stacking, I would think the Roemer release would work well without hurting the coating. The Scotty style double clip release should work o-k, but I don't have experience with it. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I stacked lines. I have some Roemers if you want to give one a try. The have a nice feature that when the release gets to the downrigger boom/pulley they automatically un-clamp from the cable and slide down to the ball. A coated downrigger ball should have no bearing on the effectiveness of the Depth Raider, as it is well below the point where the probe terminates to the coated cable. FYI - I'm not sure your preferred main release, but I terminated my coated cable directly to a Blacks release and it has worked well so far.

i use a sub troll 900 with coated cable ,& have been using off shore clip ons with the rubber pads too stack with no problems but let me say this , with the prob down and stacking my 10 pound ball on that side was too lite lots of drag , i am going too a 12 pounder too get my cable angals back right and down deeper with less cable ,good luck ,TOMAHAWK