SI-TEX SVS 650 fish finder.

rolmops

Until I saw it mentioned in another post yesterday I did not even know that they exist.

I found a new one online yesterday for $538 and it has a larger screen and more pixels than the Furuno 620. $200 less than a 620 is attractive ,but I do not know what service or what troubles come along with it.I would love to know if it allows me to see the riggercables under my boat in the middle of the screen,similar to the view one gets on the Furuno.

Does anybody have any experience with this fish finder or the company that makes them and are they made in the USA?

http://www.si-tex.com/SVS-650PR.pdf

Dear Rolmops,

Si-Tex has reorganized and regouped. Their sales & Service is now located on Long Island, N. Y. (No longer in Clearwater, Florida) Their phone numbers are on their website. Call them and ask if parts and repairs are available for that particular model number. Ted Botmann can answer your questions or give you to a "Tech/Repair person. I do not have a 800 number for them. You have to call them on your dime! Their professional line of equipment is targeted for the commercial fisherman..... As far as anything made in USA electronic fishing equipment. Haven't seen any since the beginning! Taiwan, Japan, England etc. actually from all over the globe and assembled MAYBE in the USA. Only thing made in USA are the transducers...AIRMAR... and they buy components from all over the world. Welcome to the world of multi-national sourcing.......about 1981!!!....Respectfully submitted....Ex-Jet Boat Bill