Hot Lure: orange cleo (til snagged on bottom), firetiger evil eye

Trolling Speed: 1.8-2.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 9-17 fow

Lure Depth: planers and 4-5 foot on riggers

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Beautiful day for the kids and I to get out and really set out a nice spread. Ran 3 flat lines on planers each side and 2 lines on the riggers 50 foot back, 3-5 foot down. It started out good 4 hits and 3 browns landed in the first 30-45 minutes heading west towards Ginna. Water was much clearer than I expected, given the north east wind. Was hoping some stained water was in there....but nada. Could easily see bottom at 15 foot. Had one fish on a orange thunderstick....but the other hits were all on the 3/4oz orange and silver cleo. Then we went a little too shallow and bottom put up a good fight for 4-5 seconds and then won! :( Memo to self, get more orange cleos!

We fought fog and the small breeze all morning and could not find fish. Trolled from 9-11am with only a couple hits, but nothing landed. Then at 11:30 not long after the fog really lifted and the wind shifted more to the SE, the bite turned on. And it was even in a little deeper water for a couple of minutes. Running 13-17 fow. I thru a Monkey Puke stinger on one of the balls and took about 5 minutes and had another fish. Ran back and forth closer to Bear Creek, then Ginna and landed another 6 fish from 11:30ish to 12:30ish. Firetiger evil eye took a couple, firetiger rapala, a black/silver rapala, monkey puke and a yellow/orange chart thunderstick. At this point they did not appear to be picky!

Had to pull lines so we could go enjoy a nice corned beef and cabbage lunch, or I would have continued running that area back and forth. Oh well.... HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY everyone. Tight lines!!!!!!

Jason