Boat A/C

Big Water

Well, my order is in and my new Hewescraft 26' Pacific Cruiser is in production. Thinking ahead, I was wondering what type, if any, you guys use for an A/C unit in boats with a cuddy. Being a completely aluminum boat and having an enclosed cockpit, I thought an add-on A/C unit might be a big plus for both overnight mooring and trolling during a 90+ degree day. I realize I'll need a compact generator when underway. Any thoughts on best units and installations?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

Just be careful with a portable generator on your boat. The Carbon Monoxide fumes are extremely dangerous. I was thinking of getting a small Honda generator for overnights without shore power to run the air and read some interesting (scary) write ups on Thehulltruth.com about them. I have since decided against it. Just my two cents.

John

Doug,

Just be careful with a portable generator on your boat. The Carbon Monoxide fumes are extremely dangerous. I was thinking of getting a small Honda generator for overnights without shore power to run the air and read some interesting (scary) write ups on Thehulltruth.com about them. I have since decided against it. Just my two cents.

John

John,

Thanks for the heads up and concern. I have an extended transom on my boat and thought I could sit it there, which would be outside of the hull. May need to fashion some sort of raised support.

Doug