b164 bronze transducer

hooknup

I am getting a Lowrance HDS10 and was thinking about using a thruhull transducer. Does anyone use the airman b164? If so what are your thoughts and advice with this transducer

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Our boat is at BOE Marine for installation of a B164 right now. It's a tilted array model that is at 20°. Our deadrise is 17° so it will be close. We are pairing it with a Furuno FCV-585. Hope it works as well as Jim says it will.

Thanks for the replys

Excellent video. It doesn't seem hard to install. I was thinking about going with a b258 with a fairing block at first. However, I'm thinking there might be a lot of drag Also it seems like a PIA to install ypurself. I think the b164 looks like the ticket. My boat has a 21 degree deadrise so the 20 degree element should be fine

Capt Vince

Does it track the downrigger balls well? I know it has a narrow beam On my old boat I had a B744v thru hull with a fairing block on my lowrance lcx15mt. It did a pretty good job tracking the balls. I plan on mounting the b164 about 5 ft from the stern on a 30 ft boat. I tossed around the idea of the fairing bock b 258 transducer, but I don't want the drag.

Thanks

Al :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Any insights on the benefits of going with the B164 (1kW) vs the B60 (600w)? I notice the B60 has a 45 degree 50kHz cone vs the B164 which has a 22 degree 50Hz cone. I'm assuming that the wider cone would track downrigger balls better? The reason I'm so interested is I am dropping off my boat to put a B60 transducer in it this weekend. Many thanks for the input.