Words of warning for tonight

L&M

If any of you have I/O's that have been run this spring with all the good weather we had & there on a trailer. Make sure they're drained or other provisions to keep some heat in the engine compartment tonight. Predicted lows in the mid ta low twenties tonight could & would ruin yer day the next time you go to fire em up.

Dear Hank,

Excellent timing on the warning! Forecast for tonite is a hard freeze! 24 degrees!! And the wind will blow 10 to 20 out of the NorthWest.The trailable guys better have it well drained and a wire up the drain holes to be sure that a sand plug is not holding any water!! My bird bath was frozen this morning and I am only 3/4 mile from Lake Ontario!....Respectfully submitted.....X-Jet Boat Bill

If any of you have I/O's that have been run this spring with all the good weather we had & there on a trailer. Make sure they're drained or other provisions to keep some heat in the engine compartment tonight. Predicted lows in the mid ta low twenties tonight could & would ruin yer day the next time you go to fire em up.

L&M hey I took your advise drained the block at 830 at night put in a light 60watt a thermomiter and covered the motar cover with a few tarps the temp got down to 20 I had ice hanging and in other areas of the boat but I. Thanks to you for putting that slight dought in my head I was able to keep the motar at 40 degs if you would not have posted I would have done nothing so you very well may have saved the boat to fight fish for another day. Thanks for the reminder againe

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png