Olcott Pen Project - Pen Put in 4-7-12

Well, we finally received word, just yesterday, that we will be receiving our steelhead (no definite date on kings yet) on Wednesday the 11th, so unfortunately, that means Our pens have to go in the water tomorrow.

We will be meeting at the Town of Newfane Marina at 0900 to get the nets on the frames and then get the pens in the water. I apologize on the very short notice, but we are reacting to the sudden information given to us by the DEC.

Anyone who can come out and help, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I also have the feeding calendar and signup form up on the LOTSA Website, The fish need to get fed 5 times a day 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm and we will need feeders for all of these times for the the entire time period our fish are in the pens. It's a lot of fun and a great thing to do with the kids watching these little eating machines tear into the food like a pack of piranha as you distribute it around the pens.

For more info and to sign up to feed the babies, please see the LOTSA Website at http://www.lotsa.org

Thanks.

Tim Bromund

Agreed Vince, thank you to everyone that showed up on short notice. The pens went in without a hitch other than some engine trouble on the boat towing them from the ramp to the slips, but one of the boats coming in from the morning's fishing jumped right in and took over towing duty, so they all got inserted into their proper spot without a problem. Big thanks to to the guys in that other boat that jumped in to help, I'm sorry, I didn't get your names.

Now we need feeders to sign up. There are LOTS of open feeding times to fill.

Tim