King me rochester report 4/13-4/19 ITO FLIES ON FIRE!!!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):4/13/-4/19

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown: KINGS, browns, few lakers, Atlantic and a huge smallmouth

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 15-40

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

WOW sorry for the lack of reports been crazy. The bite off Rochester has been on fire!! The lack of rain has made the shallows clear but alittle deeper water has been producing great numbers and quality fish. We have been working 20-40 foot of water to past two weeks and the size of the fish are awesome. Kings up to 16lbs, Atlantics up to 10, Lake Trout to 14 lbs, Browns to 16 lbs and even a smallmouth tipping the scales at over 7 lbs! Limits and boxes full of quality fish...what more can you ask for? With the rains coming this week it is going to only get better and should push in the coho's and turn the shallow bite on.

Lure breakdown Black silver sticks 125-150 back off the boards with 2 large shot, Black/silver superslims and 28's off 2 color cores, riggers at 5' and 7' with dirty white boys, black/silver or spooks, riggers 11' and 15' down with 6" spinny and ito lemon/lime peanut or king me special 2" fly. This been the spread the past week and a half for us. Except one day when....... ITO FLIES WHERE ON FIRE!!!!!! WE did a 5 hour charter, hooked up with 18 fish, and boated15 of them. Great catch for a few hours, now 11 of them were KINGS . Here is where it get's even better, 14 fish hit on the new ITO 2" "king me special" fly behind a 6" spin doctor. This set up took fish on the riggers, shallow lead cores and shallow divers. No matter where it was it took fish when nothing else on the boat would take a hit!

396981_2803915810411_1034072493_32224661_958371474_n.jpg

This Spinny set up has been going all season so far for us. Everyday it has taken our biggest fish and the one day it took all but 4!!!!

some pics for past week

April2012022-1.jpg

April2012020.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture161-1.jpg

April2012017-1.jpg

Mike -

the peanut fly that has been smoking hot for me is the ITO "mini coho fly" named uv sprite the other fly in pic above is a custom tied job that Ryan at ITO did up for me. Pulling both of them behind 6" spinny with 12" leader between fly and spinny. Black/glow, orange and chart spinnies all been good!

hey King me thank you for the reports, your team is on fire!!!! just reading all these great reports, makes me want another boat. like quick.. I sold mine a few years ago.. one question, do most of your clients keep all the fish they catch, there limits anyway? personally I don't eat them.. looking at all the recipies on this board.. I may try some soon.. good job out there!!!

kAPPY-

THANKS! I have gotten a real good program together the past few years after a short break off the water. My new partner and boat has had a blessing and a horseshoe the past 2 seasons. I'm loving it!

As for the clients - most of our clients do keep their limit to eat. probably 15% to photo release unless it is a wallhanger. Alot of good recipies out there andyou can always pm fisherman (tom) for special ways of cooking them.

if you want a good fish to eat get them spring coho's!