first smoke on the new barby

IMAG1051.jpg

image hosting

There she is at 7:30 this morning smoking nicely. A thin blue white smoke rising from the hickory chunks and kingsford in the side fire box.

IMAG1053.jpg

image upload

A peek in the fire box...minion method of burn going perfectly.

IMAG1054.jpg

upload images

225 on the temp guage....just right

IMAG1055.jpg

image hosting

Star of the show...pork short ribs with Jamaican rum rub, and some Apple juice in the pan steaming...a few squirts of juice during the smoke with Apple juice for moisture and a little more smoke sticking on the "bark".

IMAG1057.jpg

free image hosting

Close up of the minion burn...the fire made to burn back against the draft gave me a nice even temp and smoke for about two hours, then when it gets to the other end I move the coals to the from the draft end down to the other end and add new line of cold briquets and line with new hickory chunks. Good for another couple hours or so.

IMAG1058.jpg

free picture hosting

This is the draft setting and the chimney is wide open on the chamber. After an hour or so I spray the ribs with Apple juice and do that each hour. A bit later I threw in a whole chicken on a beer can and smoke steamed it along with the ribs.

What can I say....great day of fishing and some lip smacking bbq. It turned out great!...only draw back is it used all the bag of briquets. Had I not learned the minion method of burning the fire I would have been buying two bags of charcoal I think. Next I'll have to try making my own charcoal.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

O...M...G!!!! :o I forgot :drunk: ...the results :wait: for it....no..no can't make ya wait anymore :$ ...It was GREAT!....more :beer: ...ok another one :beer: ...Maybe "FAMOUS" MARK'S :mmm::bow::happy2:

OH wait I did already mention it was lip smackin....but did I mention it was great? :thinking:

hey :wait: .... there's left overs..>>>>>>>>>> :dance: ... :rock:

My work partner just walked by me as I was reaching toward the computer screen cupping my hand trying to wave the pork smell towards my nose :rofl::rofl::rofl: ."Man your losing it, he said." :lol::lol: That looks awesome Mark, and I have to wait another 4 hours or so before I get any dinner :( . Glad the smoker is working out for you !

Tom

I know what ya mean Tom, my garage was getting a waft of smoker drift every so often and now it has the essence of hickory bbq. I go in there and my stomach starts to growl. Just ate the leftovers and it was even better. Gotta do a salmon in there soon.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png