problem with my etec

not really happy at the moment

I bought a new 90hp etec last aug and I love a lot about the motor but there have been some issues..

From the first time we ran it, after about 6 hrs of trolling it likes to get a bit of a hiccup... I figure 2 stroke, long time trolling just wants to run.. so I pick up go full tilt for 5 mins to clear it out and bam back to as good as new...

We on Sat on Cayuga after trolling 4 hours and ending the day I punch it to run back and it dies... flat out dead and I need to get towed by a friend who was running a charter...

So I pull the 1 plug I can get to because the other 3 are buried and it is black as night.. I mean toasted.... I clean it off and it starts right up..

These things are not suppose to have any plug work or shop work for 3 years... it has only been about 9 months

What is the problem here

Well where should I start, hmmm lets just say to make a long story short I have a 2009 115 e-tec and after two blown injectors and countless trips to get fixed I called BRP and asked if they would replace the last two and they did. I asked if this was going to be a constant issue and couldent get a yes or no? So far it running fine but each time a injector blew the motor reacted differently, first time the top end was about 25- 28 mph and thought it was a fuel filter , second time dead in the water . Just some useful info was e-tec owners forum , check it out. good luck

Make your dealer replace the injectors ... All of them it's something BRP has an ongoing issue with. They did 1 of mine after it failed, then all after the second one failed. I've not had any other issues since (knock on wood)

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

They may have an injector issue but that not withstanding, don't forget to use seafoam or some other cleaning agent (like Merc's Quickleen) in EVERY tank and do a 10-15 minute high speed run afterwards whenever you're able. The DFI motors are very prone to carbon deposits especially if you run them down near idle for extended periods. I have around 200 hrs trolling time on the most recent set of plugs on my optimax (mercs DFI) and haven't had an issue with fouling since I started following mercs recommendation to use quickleen with every fill.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png